TAC Representatives Approved by the Board!
The Association for Learning Environments (A4LE) Washington Chapter is recognized as a valuable stakeholder and partner to the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction and has been invited to have representatives sit on the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC). A4LE has had representatives from both Western and Eastern Washington on TAC for several decades and we have identified two new representatives from our Chapter to be our representatives for this committee. TAC meets quarterly with meetings typically occurring in Fife.
The primary function of the TAC is to provide technical assistance and advice to OSPI, which includes the following responsibilities:
- Promote cost effective planning, design, and construction of public schools in order to achieve reduced maintenance and operation costs.
- Provide expertise and advice on technical matters related to the construction, modification, and maintenance of school facilities throughout the state.
- Facilitate communication between OSPI and professional organizations on technical issues.
- Represent field conditions and school districts.
- Recommend changes to enhance and improve service to school districts.
Find out more about TAC.
Please welcome Gregory Forsyth from Spokane Public Schools
to represent Eastern Washington, and Noah Greenberg, AIA from Seattle Public Schools
, representing Western Washington.