Cohort Information Session
Wednesday, August 11, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 am
A4LE’s Southern California Chapter is launching a cohort program in order to engage a broad range of members and non-members alike. These cohort groups are subject-matter focused and will provide a monthly forum for discussions, presentations, and exchange of ideas in an intimate, small-group setting. The goals for this program include:
- Bring value to members and non-members by providing regular, timely content relevant to their needs.
- Provide an additional, regular forum for our membership to engage and contribute in a meaningful way.
- Offer an additional professional development opportunity.
Looking for a way to connect meaningfully with industry colleagues? Seeking avenues for professional development in the school facilities realm? Then A4LE’s Southern California Chapter Cohort Groups are for you!
Join us for a virtual information session on Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 10:00 – 11:00 am to learn more about the program, and how you can participate.
The cohort groups include:
- Designing for Mental & Emotional Health. This group will explore improving student wellness through design, and how a healthy environment can assist in educators’ goal of educating the whole person, and more.
~ Cohort Group Leader: Tonya Giebel, Corgan
- Re-Imagining and Re-Purposing: Folding Future Education into Existing Envelopes. Through hybrid learning options and economic fluctuation, we are faced with two challenges side-by-side: school enrollment unknowns and vacant buildings. Many of these buildings exist on school campuses, but the demise of the shopping mall and many other abandoned historical community strongholds has provided school districts an additional opportunity to build brand new learning environments…again. The goal is to juxtapose innovative educational environments with existing spaces to formulate beneficial solutions by solving two issues with one "stone.”
~ Cohort Group Leader: Khary Knowles, DLR Group
- Sustainability (Re)defined for Healthy Campuses. Learn more about creating and maintaining healthy spaces and the effect on occupants (students, teachers, admin staff), and making sense of sustainable products, processes and the impacts on human health and the school environment.
~ Cohort Group Leader: Sue Ewing, Patcraft
This event will be conducted virtually. The link to join will be sent out on August 10th in the afternoon.
Active Construction Site Tour
Thursday, September 23, 2021
2:00 – 4:00 pm
Los Alamitos High School
3591 W Cerritos Ave
Alamitos, CA 90720
Join the Southern California Chapter as we tour a 3
story 83,000 sq. ft. STEM building at Los Alamitos High
School. This site includes science classrooms,
chemistry labs, prep rooms, classrooms, and
computer and robotic labs. This project is
being constructed utilizing the
Lease-Lease Back project delivery.
Hear from the contractor, architect
and owner on how early
collaboration has paved
the way for a
Refreshments will be provided during the tour;
Happy Hour to follow at nearby location.
2021 Award Winners
to view all entries.