May 6, 2023
9:00 – 11:00 am
AIA CES Credits
Noelani Idea Center
Noelani Elementary School, 2655 Woodlawn Drive
Park and meet at the IDEA center.
The I.D.E.A.(Innovate, Discover, Explore, and Achieve) Center was designed purposefully for elementary aged students to become problem solvers. The architects, landscape architect and end user will share their experiences from the project. Hear about the master planning and design challenges of siting the building on an existing campus, the sustainable features of the building and landscape design, and how a new building can positively impact an existing school. This award winning (AIA Honolulu 2022 Award of Excellence) project will inspire you to raise the bar on what is possible with institutional designs on a budget.
- Learn about the master planning strategy behind the project.
- Understand the design concepts which lead to the final solution.
- Hear about the innovative water catchment system.
- Observe the unique stormwater retention solution.
- Hear from educators, architects, and design team about the project success stories and challenge.
Architect of Record: Lorrin Matsunaga, Urban Works
Landscape Architect: Ki Concepts
Structural Engineer: Nagamine Okawa Engineers, Inc.
Electrical & Mechanical Engineer: Interface Engineering, Inc.
Civil Engineer: Sam O. Hirota, Inc.
Contractor: Ralph S. Inouye Company
Owner: Hawaii Dept. of Education
- Lorrin Matsunaga, Urban Works
- Emily Gillmar, University of Hawaii School of Architecture
- Kyle Sasaki, Ki Concepts
This EVENT is FREE, but you must register!