POSTPONED --Effective immediately, this scholarship has been postponed for 2020. Scholarships should resume again in 2021.
Ohio Chapter Scholarship Application
The Ohio Chapter Scholarship is a state-wide competitive, merit based award program designed to provide financial support for high school students accepted into college. Each academic year, one (1) student will be selected as the recipient of a $1,000 scholarship award. The student selected should be intending to enroll in a field related to educational facility planning and design. These would include, but not be limited to, architecture, engineering, interior design, facility planning, and construction management.
The Ohio Chapter seeks students who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Reside in the state of Ohio.
- Currently enrolled in the twelfth grade.
Characteristics Sought in Candidates
The Ohio Chapter seeks students who demonstrate a balance of the following characteristics:
- Outstanding character, integrity, and self-motivation.
- Outstanding leadership potential.
- Active participation in school and community activities.
- The Ohio Chapter Application Form.
- A 1,000 words maximum essay.
- Official high school transcript through the 1st semester of senior year (or equivalent).
- College or university acceptance letter (provide a copy of your application if not yet accepted).
- Three letters of recommendation citing characteristics sought in candidates. Letters of recommendation cannot be from family members.
Download the Ohio Chapter Scholarship information packet
, with all required submission forms. The entire scholarship submission requirements will be accepted by email delivery to Donna Robinson, MWGL Member Care Manager, Association for Learning Environments, at firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must be in PDF format, and contained in one PDF. Please save your submission as: First Name, Last Name-Ohio Scholarship and send via email ONLY. No paper submissions.
Applications must be received no later than 5:00 pm on March 27, 2020
Applications will be evaluated on a 100 point system. Point values will be assigned as follows:
- Completed Application – 10 points
- Grade Point Average – 10 points maximum
- 4.0 on 4.0 Scale – 10 points
- 3.5 – 3.99 – 8 points
- 3.0 – 3.49 – 6 points
- 2.5 – 2.99 – 4 points
- Less than 2.5 – 2 points
- Letters of Recommendation – 15 points (total)
- Essay – 35 points
- Clarity of Expression
- Knowledge of Subject
- Interpretative Conclusions
- Importance and Validity
- Leadership –15 points (total)
- Community Service – 15 points (total)
The Ohio Chapter Scholarship can be received only once. The Scholarship may be used only for pre-approved tuition, fees, books, and room and board. Payments from the Scholarship fund may be used to supplement, but not to duplicate, benefit from the educational institution or from other foundations, institutions, or organizations. The Scholarship recipient may defer for up to one year his/her scholarship award after completion of their high school. The Ohio Chapter reserves the right to publish submitted winning essays.