Innovation in Learning Environments Grant Winners
The Kansas City Chapter of the Association for Learning Environments is proud to announce the
winners of our second annual Innovation in Learning Environments Grant. We received 55
applications from districts on both sides of the state line. The board reviewed the applications
anonymously, with all the specific district and name information removed. The submissions
were all well thought out, wonderful ideas on how to impact learning for kids in our area. It was
a difficult decision, but the following 4 entries were selected as winners of $2,000 each for
2019. These winners will share how their efforts created innovation in learning at an A4LE
event in 2020.
Professional Learning Cohorts
Implementation of EXPLORE Cohorts for 4th & 5th graders with a focus on (5) STEM fields that
connect learning to the community
- Blue Valley School District, Wolf Springs Elementary School
- Kaitlyn Haberberger, Blended Learning Coach
The Future is Bright in Buckner!
Media Center based robotics and green screen video program to support all students
- Fort Osage School District, Buckner Elementary School
- Margie Anderson, Library Media Specialist
Technology Innovation Studio
Multi-use technology space for one-to-one support, coding/VR, client conferencing and project
- Platte County School District, Platte County High School
- Sarah Larson, Technology Teacher
SAVE THE DATE!
2020 Midwest Great Lakes Regional Conference