for more information and to register for the conference.
Innovation in Learning Environments Grant Winners
The Kansas City Chapter of the Association for Learning Environments is proud to announce the
winners of our third annual Innovation in Learning environments Grant. The board reviewed
the applications anonymously, with all specific district and name information removed. The
submissions were all well thought out, wonderful ideas on how to impact learning for kids in
our area. It was a difficult decision, but the following four entries were selected as winners of
$2,000 each for 2020.
Recharge, Rejuvenate and Live Healthy in the Library
Helping students manage stress in an effective, appropriate way through space and programs.
- North Kansas City School District, Oak Park High School
- Angela Van Batavia, Librarian
Coding in Early Childhood Education
Introducing coding to early childhood grades with interactive, hands-on learning.
- Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, Saint Elizabeth School
- Stephanie Moore, Instructional Technology Coach
Technical Math and Tools
Critical tools and resources to bring real-life math to students interested in technical, vocational
or trade schools.
- Lone Jack School District, Lone Jack High School
- Emily Smith, Math Teacher
Tech by Design
Enhancing the makerspace experience with technology and multi-media tools to showcase
- Liberty School District, Heritage Middle School
- Preston Hickert, Middle School Teacher