2019 Innovation in Learning Environments Grant
The Kansas City Chapter is proud to support
efforts in education innovation by funding the work of teachers, administrators and schools to
bring new ideas and opportunities to learners in our area. Four $2,000 Innovation in Learning
Environments Grants will be awarded annually.
- Grants can be used to fund efforts in curriculum or spatial development for learners of
Pre-K to grade 12. Examples include makerspaces and associated equipment, flexible
furniture, innovative instructional resources, collaborative learning support etc. If it
pushes the boundaries of your current space and instructional efforts, it’s fair game!
- To help others be inspired by innovation, we will showcase the results of your grant at
one of our Quarterly Conversation events where educators and designers meet to
discuss opportunities in learning and space. A representative involved in the
implementation would be required to attend and give a brief presentation (10 min) of
- “Hard” Technology (laptops/iPads) and travel are not eligible.
- The outcome of this grant implementation needs to be complete within 6 months to
allow for sharing of results at a future A4LE event.
- School entities in the following counties are eligible to submit.
- KANSAS: Johnson, Wyandotte, Leavenworth
- MISSOURI: Cass, Jackson, Platte, Clay
The board members of the Kansas City Chapter will review the applications with name and school entity information removed to provide an unbiased decision. Notifications of award will be
made April 24, 2019 and funds will be distributed by May 10, 2019. Please submit any questions
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org