2021 Innovation in Learning Environments Grant
The Kansas City Chapter of the Association for Learning Environments is proud to support efforts in education innovation by funding the work of teachers, administrators and schools to bring new ideas and opportunities to learners in our area. Up to four $2,000 Innovation in Learning Environments Grants will be awarded annually.
All submission are due by March 22, 2021
- Grants can be used to fund efforts in curriculum or spatial development for learners of
Pre-K to grade 12. Examples include makerspaces and associated equipment, flexible
furniture, innovative instructional resources, collaborative learning support etc. If it
pushes the boundaries of your current space and instructional efforts, it’s fair game!
- To help others be inspired by innovation, we will showcase the results of your grant at
one of our Quarterly Conversation events where educators and designers meet to
discuss opportunities in learning and space. A representative involved in the
implementation would be required to attend and give a brief presentation (10 min) of
- Technology and equipment will be considered such as: 3D printers, laser cutters, CNC
machines with a direct association to innovation labs or equivalent programs for
learning. Travel is not eligible.
- The outcome of this grant implementation needs to be completed within 6 months to
allow for sharing of results at a future A4LE event.
- Public and private school entities willing to share project outcomes at an A4LE event are
eligible to submit.
The board members of the Kansas City Chapter
of the Association for Learning Environments will review the applications with name and school
entity information removed to provide an unbiased decision. Notifications of award will be
made on or before May 12, 2021 and funds will be distributed by May 21, 2021. Please submit any questions
via email to email@example.com