2023 Innovation in Learning Environments Grant
The Kansas City Chapter is proud to support
efforts in education innovation by funding the work of teachers, administrators and schools to
bring new ideas and opportunities to learners in our area. Up to four $2,000 Innovation in
Learning Environments Grants will be awarded annually.
All submission are due by March 27, 2023.
- Grants can be used to fund efforts in curriculum or spatial development for learners of
Pre-K to grade 12. Examples include makerspaces and associated equipment, flexible
furniture, innovative instructional resources, collaborative learning support etc. If it
pushes the boundaries of your current space and instructional efforts, it’s fair game!
- To help others be inspired by innovation, we will showcase the results of your grant at
one of our Quarterly Conversation events where educators and designers meet to
discuss opportunities in learning and space. A representative involved in the
implementation would be required to attend and give a brief presentation (10 min) of
- Technology and equipment will be considered (ex: 3D printers, laser cutters, CNC
machines) with a direct association to innovation labs or equivalent programs for
learning. Travel is not eligible.
- The outcome of this grant implementation needs to be completed within 6 months to allow for sharing of results at a future A4LE event or via a short video (details to be shared in the fall 2023 semester).
- Public and private school entities willing to share project outcomes at an A4LE event are
eligible to submit. These must be school organizations that offer full time education to
students in grades Pre-K to 12.
All submissions must include an itemized
budget, uploaded at the time of application via the survey link
. The board members of the
Kansas City Chapter will review the applications
with name and school entity information removed to provide an unbiased decision.
Notifications of award will be made on or before April 26, 2023 and funds will be distributed by
May 17, 2023.
Please submit any questions
via email to [email protected]