New Award Categories!!
The Pinnacle Award Program recognizes outstanding education facilities in our region. The top award is the Pinnacle Award; the jury may also acknowledge multiple Projects of Distinction. The program follows criteria from the Association’s LEsolutions Planning & Design Awards Program so as to encourage regional projects to also compete at the international level. These awards recognize learning environments that positively impact teaching and learning and are a result of a sound planning process that grows out of the needs and expectations of the community.
Learning environments designed for early childhood learning; elementary, middle/junior high, and high schools; alternative schools (eg. charter schools, magnet schools, learning environments with specialized focus); and other innovative learning environments (eg. museums, outdoor education facilities).
- New Learning Environment – New, innovative learning environments for early childhood, elementary, and secondary levels that address and support teaching and learning.
- Post-Secondary Educational Environment – New, innovative learning environments for post-secondary education, including adult community education.
- Renovation/Major Addition – Renovation and/or addition projects that transforms a physical space from a previous era of educational delivery to a learning environment for current instruction.
- Small/Special Project Category – Specialized spaces such as outdoor environment, kitchen, special purpose addition, media center, gymnasium, community room, etc.
- Exceptional Planning Recognition – This category recognizes a comprehensive and intensive planning process (including Master Planning) that doesn't necessarily result in a design product or an exceptional design solution.
- Jury's Award – Given at the discretion of the jury for an outstanding and compelling component of a project, community effort, or similar exceptional situation.
Projects completed within the past two years from annual PNR conference date are eligible for the Pinnacle Award Program. Each entry must designate the award category it wishes to be considered for. One award category per project submission is allowed. Submissions of conceptual or in-design projects are encouraged for exhibit; however, hypothetical or projects not yet complete are not eligible for the Pinnacle Award (except for eligible submissions in the Exceptional Planning Recognition category).
To read the full requirements and submission details, click here
Awards registration is closed
|Member (per project)
|Nonmember (per project)