Southwest Planner of the Year
The annual Southwest Region Bob Vesper Planner of the Year Award is the highest and most distinguished honor conferred by the Southwest Region. The winner is selected by a the Southwest Region Planner of the Year Committee.
In addition to receiving this prestigious award from the Southwest Region, the recipient of the Vesper Award will be submitted by the Southwest Region as their candidate for the International Planner of the Year.
Qualifications of Candidates:
- The candidate must be an Association member in good standing.
- The candidate must have been actively engaged in one or more of the professional areas identified in the Association Bylaws as being essential to qualify for Southwest Region membership.
- The candidate must not have previously received the Southwest Planner of the Year Award.
- The selection of candidates for final consideration will consist of no more than three qualified candidates who have submitted complete packages.
Download the submission requirements »
Deadline: Friday, April 3, 2020
Southwest Region Monarch Award for School Facility Excellence
The annual Southwest Region Monarch Award recognizes and honors the members of the Southwest Region and their influence for creating, delivering and maintaining excellence in school facilities planning. The Southwest Region Monarch Award recognizes EDUCATIONAL FACILITY PLANNING EXCELLENCE – from determination of the need for the facility, through occupancy – and all segments in between.
The project(s) being recognized will best demonstrate the comprehensive effectiveness of planning, design, and construction as outlined in the criteria listed below.
The SOUTHWEST REGION MONARCH AWARD will be presented to the Association for Learning Environments Southwest Region member, school district, higher education institution, consultant, architectural firm, and/or construction management firm whose project best meets the following criteria:
- A thorough, comprehensive planning process.
- Development of a comprehensive educational specification and/or program of requirements.
- A design that meets the requirements of the educational program with special emphasis on functionality of educational spaces.
- Project must be within the seven states that comprise the Southwest Region.
- The entire project team must reside within the Southwest Region and maintain a Southwest Regional membership.
- All entries must register projects.
Registration Fee: $250 per project
the PowerPoint template.
Please send your completed submission to Carla Cummins
. If the file is larger than 20 MB, please use Dropbox or other FTP site.
Deadline: Monday, April 6, 2020