2020 Scholarship Award
The North Carolina Chapter of the Association for Learning Environments (A4LE-NC) sponsors a
competitive scholarship program to provide financial support for students currently enrolled in a North Carolina
undergraduate or post‐graduate program related to planning, design and construction of schools.
Each academic year, up to five students in a North Carolina college or university will be selected as the recipient(s)
of a $2,000.00 A4LE – North Carolina Scholarship Award.
- Scholarship candidate must be currently enrolled in a bachelor program or accepted/enrolled in a post‐graduate
degree program at an accredited post‐secondary institution in North Carolina.
- Scholarship candidate must be nominated in writing by an A4LE‐NC member, or by a professor or university
staff member who is familiar with his/her work and will attest that the candidate meets eligibility requirements.
- Scholarship candidate must complete/submit all required nomination, application, and achievement
- Scholarship candidate must submit evidence of enrollment at a North Carolina college or accredited postsecondary
institution, for a term of study beyond Spring 2020.
- Scholarship candidate must show evidence that their intent is to major in, or that they are currently majoring in,
a field related to educational facility planning and/or design, such as Architecture, Project Management or
- Scholarship candidate must be interviewed by a current A4LE member, and/or approved by the A4LE‐NC Board
of Directors before a final award is made.
Application Deadline: EXTENDED to Sunday, March 1, 2020
Submit the completed Scholarship Application
by email to:
Nathan Maune, AIA
A4LE‐NC 2020 Scholarship Committee
NCDPI – School Planning Section
For questions contact Nathan Maune at firstname.lastname@example.org