Monday, July 8, 2019
Northeast Regional Library
15 Bellevoir Circle, Louisville, KY 40223
Tour of Northeast Branch of Louisville Free Public Library
The total price tag for construction, books, computers and furnishings is estimated at $17.8 million, with $14 million combined from the state and capital funds allocated by Mayor Fischer and approved by the Metro Council, and the additional $3.8 million raised from private donations to the Library Foundation
Features of the Northeast Regional Library will include:
- Approximately 40,000 square feet of dynamic space
- Sustainable, eco-friendly, cost-efficient design
- 120,000 books and other materials
- Public meeting rooms and maker spaces
- Innovative hands-on “maker-space” with an audio/visual lab and a demonstration kitchen
- Dedicated children's area
- Dedicated space for teens
- Public computers with wireless access
- Services for senior citizens
Weaving a landmark, park, and new pavilion into a community campus
- Exploring how program driven daylight harvesting and performance task lighting minimizes energy use while creating a compelling experience.
- Discussion of how early building energy modeling supported careful placement of new construction within a mature landscape.
- Review the collection of adaptable spaces that support dynamic and diverse library programming.
- Discussion of the unique features of the site that inspired whole campus design solutions.
Free to attend!