Archives / Past Events
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
12:30 pm – 2:30 PM
195 NeoCity Way, Kissimmee, FL 34744
NeoCity Academy High School
NeoCity Academy is a new, 500 student, net-zero energy, public choice STEM high school located on the NeoCity Campus in Osceola County, FL. This new urbanist development is at the epicenter of a boom in the high-tech, advanced manufacturing industry that central Florida is currently experiencing. This rapid growth coupled with the Sunshine States’ easement of regulation on solar energy production has created opportunities for the creation of new, high-performance, zero-energy facilities to educate and train the next generation workforce. The core stakeholder design team was given a mandate to design the new public high school within the state legislated budget and space requirements.
|© Mark Herboth Photography
NeoCity Academy has been developed as a twenty-first century, Immersive Learning, STEM-focused school that will offer students 3 curriculum paths:
Engineering, Biomedical, and Cyber Security. The facility was designed to use 76% less energy than a typical public school in Osceola County. The project is located in the heart of a new advanced
manufacturing corridor within the NeoCity Masterplan and the school district of Osceola County has formed a partnership with UCF to evaluate STEM pedagogy for the creation of a national instruction model.
44,820 square foot / 500 students
School District of Osceola County
STEM with focus on: Engineering, Cyber-Security & Bio-Medical
Immersive / High Performance Learning Environment, Flexible & Adaptable, Efficient & Effective, Microcosm of the BRIDG (Ideas + Industry) , Strong Connection to NEOCITY Partners, Transparency
(see learning happening), Colorful & Energetic, EUI 20, 1st Net Zero Energy School in Florida, Inspire Learning at a Higher Level, Create a Culture of Innovation, WELL Inspired, Use Building as a Teaching Tool
Little Diversified Architectural Consulting
Gilbane Building Company
- Attendees will learn how 21st century, Immersive Learning space typologies were employed in the design of the school to meet SREF and were planned to facilitate an inquiry-based learning curriculum.
- Attendees will learn how biophilic materials and space design and organization was utilized to increase the health and wellness of the building occupants.
- Attendees will learn how the school was designed and built to achieve net-zero energy including the high-performance design of the envelope and building systems.
- Attendees will learn how to optimize the stakeholder engagement process for designing a high-performance, zero-energy school.
School District/Government Agency Employees and Educators: FREE – must register!
Commercial Sector A4LE Members: $20
Commercial Sector Non-Members: $40
Event Sponsorship (1 free registration): $250
Box lunch included with the registration!
2 AIA HSW Credits
Friday, April 26, 2019
701 W. Livingston Street, Orlando FL 32805
Orange County Public Schools’ Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) Community School
The OCPS Academic Center for Excellence is located is a K-8 community school for approximately 1,200 students in preschool through eighth grades. The urban campus facility combines the enriching talents and treasures of OCPS, the Rosen Foundation, Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida, Orange Blossom Health, Children’s Home Society, City of Orlando, University of Central Florida and Valencia College. The school serves the Parramore community by providing the following:
- Free Rosen Preschool starting at two years old
- Orange Blossom Family Health medical and dental services
- Boys & Girls Club on campus
- Community School Director and Parent and Community Liaison
- UCF-assisted student, family and community efforts
- Clubs and extracurricular activities
- Basketball, volleyball, and track and field
- 1:1 laptops for middle school students
- Parent empowerment groups
Attendance is limited to 10.
Reservations can be made via Sean Tracy’s email, [email protected]