Call for Presentations
The 2020 A4LE Alberta Chapter Spring Conference challenges conference delegates to think about how Balance can be achieved in learning environments. Education is forever pivoting to reflect the changing needs and dynamic of students, society and the workforce. School thought leaders need to be agile and innovative to both create balance in their spaces and foster it within their students, staff and building occupants. Technology can both help and hinder balance objectives. School designers, operators and educators are encouraged to submit proposals on what Balance looks like for their respective user group and how the perspectives of the other user groups could be incorporated.
The Alberta Chapter, is excited to announce that our call for presentations is now open for our Spring Conference, set for March 4-6, 2020 at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in scenic Jasper, Alberta. We encourage A4LE members, as well as interested firms and districts/divisions, to submit your proposals for a presentation. Sessions will be 60 minutes in length.
Our theme this year is "Achieving Balance: Inspiring Design, Educational Functionality, and Operational Efficiency"
Except for students, all speakers must register for the conference and pay the regular conference fee. No compensation will be provided for expenses, travel, or lodging.
Judging criteria for submittal review:
- Primary preference will be given to conference proposals that include students, teachers, or administrators. A stipend for substitute teacher time will be provided for educators.
- Secondary preference will be given to proposals that include representatives from more than one member organization.
- Proposals should relate to the conference theme.
- Preference will be given to proposals which:
- relate to the conference theme
- offer a fresh perspective
- are relevant and of interest
- have measurable and achievable learning objectives (please list 3)
Please note the sessions are to be educational in nature. Sales, product, or marketing presentations will not be accepted.
Submit your proposal
Proposals for consideration must be made by Thursday, January 30, 2020
Thank you to our sponsors!