Len Mackler Award
Alaska Chapter Design Awards Program
Each year, the Alaska Chapter invites Alaska School Districts and design firms to showcase their educational projects at the annual Alaska conference in Anchorage, in December. This is the 20th year of the annual Len Mackler Award
, which was established in remembrance of our past Chapter president. The presentation of this award is an important feature of the annual Alaska Chapter Conference. All entries will be judged for excellence in design and functional planning directed toward meeting the needs of the educational program. Awards of Distinction will be based on the criteria listed below and will be presented to entrants whose projects are selected by the awards jury. The Len Mackler Award
, commissioned as a unique piece of art, is annually presented to the recipient of the award for display at their office for the forthcoming year. The award will be presented to the entity whose project is selected as representative of the highest level of excellence of all entries.
- Entries may be submitted by registered architects, individual firms, school districts, organizations or educational planners whose primary focus is on planning, designing, constructing and/or equipping the educational environment.
- Entries may be submitted for completed projects only, and may include new construction, renovation, and renovation/addition projects.
- Entries should give primary consideration to the design solution presented to meet the requirements of the educational program.
- Entries may be submitted on all education related facilities, lower and higher education.
- Any project that has been completed in the last five years can be submitted. Entries that have appeared or will appear in other exhibits are welcome.
- Projects cannot be submitted if they were previously submitted.
- Membership in the Association is not required.
$100.00 for A4LE Members
$150.00 for Non-Members
In order to provide adequate display space and to provide each team timely information on where to submit their application, online registration forms and entry fees shall be received no later than November 22, 2019. After confirmation of completed registration, applicants shall email their submittal directly to the Alaska Chapter Secretary.
To permit adequate time for jury review, digital PDF’s of the final Dossier must be emailed to the A4LE Alaska Chapter Secretary, Nicholas Horn no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, November 22, 2019
. Email shall be sent to [email protected]
Each entrant will have the opportunity to provide a brief presentation about their project during the December 5, 2019 conference lunch. The length of the presentations will be dependent on the number of applicants.
The physical Display Panels will need to be brought to the A4LE conference by each registrant by 8:00 am on the first day of the conference to be put up for display. If a registrant is not able to deliver their display boards to the conference, they may deliver them before the conference to the following address:
A4LE Alaska 2019 Architectural Awards
c/o Nicholas Horn, MCG Architects
421 W. 1st Avenue, Suite 300, Anchorage, AK 99501
to view this year's award complete criteria and submission instructions.
Entry Deadline: November 22, 2019