Register Your Project Online
2021 LEsolutions Awards Registration is closed, please check back for 2022 registration.
Any project designed and/or built within the last 5-years can be submitted for review. Projects are rated by individual jury members on a numeric scale of 1-10 based on the following criteria:
- School & Community Research and/or Engagement
- Educational Environment Design
- Physical Environment Design
- Planning Process and Project Results
- Sustainability and Wellness
Each project has the potential of scoring 50 points.
All projects must have been completed after January 1, 2016.
- Online registration and identification of the following must be done prior to sending the application materials.
- Identify category of LEsolutions
- Project of Distinction – These awards recognize projects that positively impact the learning in a community.
- New Learning Environment – Innovative interior learning environments that address and support teaching and learning.
- Post-Secondary Educational – Innovative learning environments for post-secondary education.
- Renovation/Major Addition – This recognizes a renovation and/or addition project that transforms a physical space from a previous era of educational delivery to a learning environment for current instruction.
- Small/Special Project – This is awarded to a specialized space such as: outdoor space, kitchen, addition, media center, gymnasium, community room, etc.
- Exceptional Planning – This award recognizes a comprehensive and intensive planning process that doesn't necessarily result in an exceptional design solution.
- Identify project (name, location, district, configuration, etc.)
- Identify key firms / individuals of the process
- Project Dossier. To address the criteria and illustrate the successful story of your project, please assemble a PDF document of no more than 30-pages in length and no larger than 15 MB. Include as many photographs and/or images as necessary to illustrate and describe the process and overall project. Please avoid solicitation of any particular brand or firm involved in the project. Please use a minimum 10 or 12 point font and more graphic depictions and illustrations are encouraged. Paper size shall be 8 ½” x 11”; either portrait or landscape orientation.
The dossier should include the following sections:
- Executive Summary—describe the overall goals and outcomes of the project
- Focus on each category in the written summary
- Scope of Work and Budget
- School & Community Research and/or Engagement (10 points)
- Describe the Community
- Identify stakeholders
- Name challenges
- Describe available assets
- Describe value of process and project to community at large
- Educational Environment Design (10 points)
- Explain the educational vision and goals of the school
- Depict & illustrate how the designed environment supports the curriculum
- Depict & illustrate how the designed environment supports a variety of learning & teaching styles
- Depict & illustrate how the environment is adaptable and flexible
- Physical Environment Design (10 points)
- Depict & illustrate the site plan
- Depict & illustrate the physical attributes of the environment
- Depict & illustrate how the facility fits within the larger context of the community
- Describe & illustrate how the project inspires and motivates
- Results of the Process & Project (10 points)
- Describe & illustrate how the project achieves educational goals and objectives
- Describe & illustrate how the project achieves school district goals
- Describe & illustrate how the project achieves community goals
- Describe & illustrate any unintended results and achievements of the process & project
- Sustainability and Wellness (10 points)
- Describe & illustrate the energy-efficiency within the solution
- Describe & illustrate durable and green materials relating to maintenance
- Describe & illustrate the healthy environmental aspects
- All dossier files should be in PDF format and not to exceed 15 MG. Files exceeding the 15 MG will not be submitted to the jury
- Please insert electronic tabs for each section of the dossier so jurors can easily navigate through the information
- Either portrait or landscape layout can be used. Please consider that many jurors will review the material in electronic format
Confidential Data Sheet; email with project dossier.
Photo Release Form. Please complete, sign, and include the photo release form in the submittal transmission. One release per project.
Optional Materials—not necessarily included in the dossier. All should in electronic format and labeled by the project name and description of file; for example, Meadowlark El Front Entrance, Meadowlark El Ed Spec, Meadowlark El PoR.
- Educational Brief and/or Educational Visioning documents
- Program of Requirements
- Design Guidelines